Rangers Vs. Avalanche: Callahan Ready To Go, Lundqvist Starts, Erixon In

BOSTON, MA - FEBRUARY 14: Ryan Callahan #24 and Henrik Lundqvist #30 of the New York Rangers celebrate the win over the Boston Bruins on February 14, 2012 at TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. The New York Rangers defeated the Boston Bruins 3-0. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)

As the New York Rangers prepare to take on the Colorado Avalanche tonight, we have some good news coming. It has been said that Ryan Callahan will be ready to go tonight as he skated in today's optional skate in Greenburgh. He went out this morning to test out how his foot would hold up, and it seems good enough to play tonight.

Henrik Lundqvist will also be in net tonight for the Rangers, after missing the last two games due to the flu. At first it didn't seem as if Lundqvist would play tonight, as he was present at today's optional skate as well. However, it wasn't until Martin Biron came on ice, that Lundqvist left the ice, signifying that he will start tonight.

Finally, Tim Erixon will be back in uniform for the Blueshirts tonight, after getting called up after last night's Connecticut Whale game. It appears that Erixon will be put in place of Steve Eminger, who missed practice yesterday due to an undisclosed injury. Michael Del Zotto is still questionable, as Anton Stralman remained on ice with the scratches tonight at the optional skate. He may be a game time decision.

SB Nation Featured Video