The Atlantic Division Race Just Got That Much Closer

The New York Rangers had probably one of their biggest leads in the Atlantic Division a couple weeks back. But with the stellar play of both the Pittsburgh Penguins, and the Philadelphia Flyers, their lead is down to basically nothing. The Flyers and Penguins faced off earlier this afternoon, where the Flyers came away with a 3-2 overtime victory.

Now, while the Penguins lost this game, which helped the Rangers a tad bit, there are also some negatives along with it. The good thing with that loss, the Rangers still have a one point lead on the Penguins for the lead in the Atlantic Division. The bad? The Flyers also gained two points on the Rangers, leaving them three points behind the Rangers, and making the race that much closer.

So now that we are in the home stretch of the regular season, we might have quite the battle for the Division lead. For the Rangers, they need to gather up as many points as possible, as the Penguins and Flyers will be behind them the entire time.

What are your guys thoughts on all of this?