Rangers Vs. Devils: Artem Anisimov NOT In The Lineup Tonight

RALEIGH, NC - MARCH 01: Artem Anisimov #42 of the New York Rangers celebrates after scoring a goal against the Carolina Hurricanes during the second period at the RBC Center on March 1, 2012 in Raleigh, North Carolina. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)

There was a lot of concern surrounding the status of Artem Anisimov, after he took a hard hit against the Pittsburgh Penguins. However, Anisimov took part in the morning skate, and apparently the injury is not as serious as it first appeared. Here is a quote from Anisimov himself, regarding the status of his shoulder.

“I’m so happy it’s not more serious,” Anisimov said. “It’s a tough injury. It’s an injury that needs a full recovery. If I go on the ice and a person hits me in the shoulder, it could be much more serious."

Anisimov also said that when he first took the hit, he could not move his arm at all, when skating back to the bench. But, this is definitely great news for the Rangers, as it doesn't appear Anisimov will miss a significant amount of time. He will not be in the lineup tonight against the Devils, as he is going to take it slow in the recovery process.