FanPost

Rangers Statue?

Hey everyone,

So it appears that the Penguins organization decided it was time to recognize Mario Lemieux by placing a statue of him outside Consol Energy Center. This got me thinking. If a bandwagoning fan base like the Pens have can decide its time to recognize their heroes, why not us? If the Bruins can have a statue of Bobby Orr outside TD Garden, why shouldn't we have one outside MSG of oh, lets say (IMO the greatest player to ever put on a Rangers jersey) Brian Leetch?

I mean, it doesn't have to be Leetch necessarily. Thats the beauty of the Rangers. We've had so many great players. Giacomin, Park, Richter, Graves, Messier, etc etc. IMO the Rangers success has never been properly celebrated in New York. Its bullshit too because that 94 cup meant so much to us. The first cup team with Russians on the roster. First american Conn Smyth winner. First cup in 54 years! The Rangers don't get proper recognition from the Garden. Even the Knicks are more popular and get priority over the Rangers. I think a statue of a beloved Ranger would be a step in the right direction.

Do you think it would be a good idea to have a statue of a Ranger? And if so where? (Plaza, Concourse, etc) And who should it be of?