FanPost

Am I crazy or is there something off with Staal/Gabby

In the last two games, where all the other rangers have played considerably well and have made few mistakes. Staal and gabby to me just seem kind of lost, maybe nursing something, i sure hope not though.

The following comments are about the two prior games, Colorado and Devils two games where the rangers as a whole played a very good game.

Staal has played very few minutes (14 min) in the col game, and 22 minutes in the devils game but the minutes that he did get he is not playing like the Marc Staal we know, is he healthy, what is going on with him. I really hope his concussion like symptoms are not coming back, he has been in some physical games since being back.

Gaborik had two incredible games vs the Islanders and Hurricanes the other week, and is arguably one of the most consistent rangers this season to a point, had a great 2011 stretch, cooled off early 2012 then started to dish more assists and chip in a few goals as well.

However, these last two games there was something off with Gabby, it seems like he is sharing the same sentiment arty had when he was playing poorly, it doesn't seem like he wants the puck. When richards or hags feeds him the puck he tries to get rid of it right away, make one move and get rid of it, make a move and shoot it, or shoot it.

Trouble is lately his shots are just off, missing the net, into the goalies chest, etc. Definitely not characteristic of gabby. He also seems like he is forcing shots when his best option is to pass, doesn't seem to be making the right decisions out there.

He also isn't skating as well as we've seen him skate in this year when you can notice him on the ice. It has been a while since we have seem him create an opportunity on his skating prowess alone.

But Hey hope im not crazy and/or gabby can turn this thing around, hopefully before the playoffs :P