FanPost

Thoughts About Rangers-Devils Triple Fight

I'm a fan of fighting in the NHL. I'll start off there. What I'm not a fan of is staged fighting. Last night against the Devils was a staged fight in every sense of the word, and it was really useless.

It was cool to see 3 guys on each side fight each other, but it really was not important for that to happen at all. I mean Cam Janssen spent more time in the box last night than on the ice.

But I realized something today going to classes that it really gets people talking. Even guys that aren't real big hockey fans say "Hey you catch that brawl to begin the game last night"! And I'm just like yeah, it's not the first time teams have fought on the opening draw.

If the fans love stuff like that, how can the NHL eliminate it? The crowd gets in to it, but I'm not exactly amused when I see staged fighting. It's just not me I guess.

Thoughts on last night? Would you like to see staged fighting eliminated?