Glen Sather On Mats Zuccarello: "We Want To Re-Sign Him"

According to Andrew Gross, New York Rangers general manager Glen Sather would like to see Mats Zuccarello return to Broadway next year. Zuccarello is scheduled to become a restricted free agent at the end of the season. From Gross' story:

"We want to re-sign him," Rangers general manager Glen Sather told The Record Tuesday. "But there are a lot of guys we have to deal with. Usually, we handle it at the end of the season. We don't want to throw anybody off their game."

Zuccarello, who scored the game-winning goal against the New Jersey Devils on Monday, also appears to want to stay in the NHL.

Zuccarello, 24, said he would prefer to continue his career in North America and not return to Europe.

"For sure, my first choice is to stay here," Zuccarello said. "But I can't think about it now. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I tried my best and I had a great experience."

It makes sense that the Rangers want to bring him back. Whether or not they will be able to (he might want a team that will give him more minutes) is a different story.

Anyway guys, thoughts on this?