Rangers Prospects: Connecticut Whale Sign Andrew Yogan And Peter Ceresnak To ATO's

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 26: Andrew Yogan stands after being drafted in the fourth round by the New York Rangers during day two of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft at Staples Center on June 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The Connecticut Whale have officially announced that prospects Andrew Yogan, and Peter Ceresnak have both been signed to Amateur Tryout's (ATO's), earlier this morning. Both players will likely make their season debuts this weekend, as the Whale are coming into the final stretch of the season.

Andrew Yogan, 20, made his pro debut last season with the Whale, playing in two regular season games for them. Yogan also finished out the final year of his junior eligibility this season with the Peterbourgh Petes where he had 41 goals and 37 assists in 66 total games.

Peter Ceresnak, 19, finished out his first season in the Ontatio Hockey League (OHL), with the Peterbourgh Petes as well. In 61 games, Ceresnak had six goal, and nine assists. Both Ranger prospects were expected to join the Whale this coming week, as they missed the playoffs with their OHL teams.

Also, stay tuned as we have a story coming out within the hour about Dan Girardi being nominated for The Bill Masterton Trophy.