Rangers Vs. Red Wings: Keys To The Game

The New York Rangers will be going up against the Detroit Red Wings tonight for the first time this season. Luckily for the Rangers, this one is on home ice, where they will play their sixth straight home game in 11 days. Just like the Rangers, the Red Wings were riding high for most of the season, until some recent slumps. However, the Rangers still find themselves in the number one spot, and the Red Wings are currently fifth in the West. With that said, here are tonight's keys to the game.

Keep Up The Intensity: The Rangers came out flying last game against the New Jersey Devils, and probably had their best start of the season. The Red Wings have been struck with the injury bug lately, knocking out Nik Lidstrom, Jimmy Howard, to name a few. The Rangers need to keep up the intensity and come out just like they did against the Devils on Monday night.

Secondary Scoring: Secondary scoring was in full effect in the last game for the Rangers. Brandon Dubinsky, Dan Girardi, and Mats Zuccarello were all part of the group that scored for the Rangers on Monday. This is key for the Rangers as they get closer to the playoffs. If the Rangers can get contributions from the bottom lines, and defensemen tonight, this will be a great game.

Follow after the jump for more.

Goaltenders: Henrik Lundqvist will be in net for the New York Rangers tonight for his second straight start since facing the New Jersey Devils. On the other side of the ice, Ty Conklin will be start for the Red Wings after be recalled, and clearing waivers this afternoon. Both Jimmy Howard (groin) and Joey MacDonald (back) are sidelined with injuries and neither will be in the line-up for the Red Wings tonight.