FanPost

Zucarello or Fedotenko

As we all know, Zuccarello has been playing well since he has been called up from the whale. I have been questioning if Zuccarello should continue playing if he keeps up what he is doing now. Personally, after watching him play these past games I think he is worth keeping around. Correct me if I’m wrong but seeing as Fedotenko isn’t playing I’m assuming he is scratched.

Fedotenko’s stats are

65 games played

8 Goals

8 Assists

16 Points

+/- of -10

Point % is .25%

Zuccarello’s stats are

9 games played

2 goals

1 assist

3 points

+/- of 0

Point % is .33%

I understand the games played number is very different between the two. But in 9 games Zuccarello has scored ¼ of the goals and 1/8 of the assists Fedotenko has in 65 games.

To show an idea of how the two compare if they both played 65 games I did this:

By taking Zuccarello's point % of the games he has played (which is points/games played) and taking that and multiplying it by 65 (the amount of games that Fedotenko played) I got an estimate on what his stats would look like after 65 games.

3/9= .33 (rounded)

.33 * 65 = 22 (rounded)

It seems if Zuccarello played 65 games his points total would be around 22 if he played consistently. This is 6 points higher then Fedotenko has right now.

It may not seem like that huge of difference but those points may have been an assist to a game-winning goal or even a game-winning goal. Every point counts.

Now that I have stated my case why I think Zuccarello should continue playing; what do you think? Should he continue playing or should Fedotenko take his place back?