Rangers Vs. Sabres: Keys To The Game

NEW YORK, NY - FEBRUARY 25: Andrej Sekera #44 of the Buffalo Sabres battles with Artem Anisimov #42 of the New York Rangers and Marian Gaborik #10 of the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on February 25, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Chris Trotman/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will face-off against the Buffalo Sabres for the fourth and final meeting of the season, between these two teams. The Buffalo Sabres are hovering right around the eight spot, and are playing some desperate, but very good hockey. They have won two straight coming into this game, which is the same case for the Rangers. With that said, here are tonight's keys to the game.

Continue With Their Game: The Rangers recently went into a slump about a week back, but they have recently found their way out of it. Since the game against the Colorado Avalanche, the Rangers have been back to their normal style of play. It has earned them two straight wins over the New Jersey Devils and the Detroit Red Wings. The Rangers need to come out just like the have in the past couple games, as the Sabres aren't going to make this one a walk in the park.

Lock It Down Defensively: The Buffalo Sabres have some firepower up front from Thomas Vanek, Jason Pominville, and newly acquired Cody Hodgon. The Rangers need to be on their "A" game tonight in the defensive end, just like they have been all season long. Last game, the Rangers played probably their best complete game of the season, and they need to repeat the performance tonight.

Follow after the jump to see how each team has preformed thus far in the season.

STATS
74 GP 73
35 W 46
29 L 20