Boston College Eagles Vs Air Force Falcons Open Thread

BUFFALO NY - DECEMBER 28: Chris Kreider #19 of the United States looks to make a play on Dominik Riecicky #30 of Slovakia during the 2011 IIHF World U20 Championship game between the United States and Slovakia on December 28 2010 in Buffalo New York. The United Staes won 6-1. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)

This afternoon Chris Kreider and the BC Eagles kick off their road to a National Title against the Air Force Falcons in a 1 seed vs 4 seed match up.

We all know how good Kreider is and how much we want him on the Rangers starting Monday; but BC is a force to be reckoned with and is on a 15 game winning streak, so don't expect the Eagles to be one and done this year. A couple of other players to watch for BC are Freshman and Calgary Flames draft pick Johnny Gaudreau, who is an undersized winger with some nice hands and quite possibly BC's most important player in Barry Almedia, an undrafted center who has a nose for the net and knows how to create space in the offensive zone.

The game will be broadcast on ESPNU as well as ESPN3 for those who have it and you guys can use this as your open thread for discussion of the game.

For those who want a bit of insight into the Eagles and the rest of the NCAA tournament (after a crazy start last night that saw Michigan, Denver and Miami (Oh) both lose) check out:

BC Interruption has a nice gameday thread for all of your BC Eagles news

Chris Peters over at United States of Hockey does a great job covering the NCAA tournament and all things USA Hockey related, also follow him on twitter @Chrismpeters

Ryan Lambert over at Puck Daddy has a good feature on Boston College on his tournament preview

Well guys there's enough there to catch you guys up on the happenings of the Tournament thus far; as for the BC game well I guess most of us should be cheering for Air Force to pull the upset so Kreider can get to New York in time for Tuesday's game at Minnesota.