Rangers Vs. Maple Leafs: Keys To The Game

TORONTO - JANUARY 14: Nazem Kadri #43 of the Toronto Maple Leafs gets tripped by Anton Stralman #32 of the New York Rangers during NHL action at the Air Canada Centre January 14, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will be playing their second to last back-to-back game of the season tonight, against the Toronto Maple Leafs. The Rangers dropped last nights game 4-1 to the Buffalo Sabres, and the Rangers need to rebound here tonight. The Maple Leafs have won their last game, but have gone on a major slump the past two weeks, almost completely eliminating them from the playoff race. With that said, here are tonight's keys to the game.

Limit Odd-Man Rushes: The Rangers were guilty of giving up way too many odd-man rushes last night, which wound up hurting them a lot. The Rangers defensemen were a little too aggressive in the offensive zone last night, which hindered them on the back check. The Maple Leafs are a very quick team, and if the Rangers don't fix the defensive issues they had last night, this will be a long game.

Don't Get Too Pretty: The Rangers have been trying to make plays look way to pretty, instead of just taking the simple shot. While it hasn't hurt them in the games against the Red Wings, and Devils, it certainly hurt them last night. The Rangers need to get back to the basics tonight, and just fire everything on net. No attempting to make the extra pass when there is a wide open shot.

Follow after the jump for the projected line-ups for each team.

New York Rangers:

Carl Hagelin Brad Richards Marian Gaborik
Brandon Dubinsky Derek Stepan Ryan Callahan
Artem Anisimov Brian Boyle Ruslan Fedotenko
Mike Rupp John Mitchell Brandon Prust

Ryan McDonagh Dan Girardi
Marc Staal Michael Del Zotto
Tim Erixon Stu Bickel

Henrik Lundqvist
Martin Biron

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toronto Maple Leafs:

Matthew Lombardi Tyler Bozak Phil Kessel
Nazem Kadri Mikhail Grabovski Ryan Hamilton
Tim Connolly David Steckel Joey Crabb
Jay Rosehill Carter Ashton Colby Armstrong

Dion Phaneuf Carl Gunnarsson
Mike Komisarek John-Michael Liles
Luke Schenn Jake Gardiner

Jonas Gustavsson