New York Rangers Sign Andrew Yogan To An Entry-Level Deal

LOS ANGELES, CA - JUNE 26: Andrew Yogan, drafted in the fourth round by the New York Rangers, poses for a portrait during the 2010 NHL Entry Draft at Staples Center on June 26, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)

Just last week, the New York Rangers announced that Andrew Yogan signed on a tryout basis with the Connecticut Whale, down in the American Hockey League. After getting three games under his belt, he finally reached an agreement with the Rangers, and signed off on a two-way, entry-level deal with a value of $655,000. The contract length is three years, as Yogan is currently under the age of 21.

Many say that Andrew Yogan is an underrated prospect within the Rangers organization. Just this season with the Peterbourgh Petes of the Ontario Hockey League, Yogan put up an incredible 41 goals, and 37 assists in 66 total games. Yogan's 6-foot-3, 200 pound body allows him to be a powerful presence around the net, along with his finesse skating abilities as well.

With that said, next year's training camp will be very interesting with Yogan possibly competing for a roster spot. He may also join the likes of Chris Kreider, if he decides to call it a college career and turn pro next season.