FanPost

Lack of coverage on E.S.P.N.

Has anyone else taken notice of the lack of hockey coverage on any of the E.S.P.N. networks? The old saying goes that if a New York team is a top team in any league it helps the league get more coverage. The Rangers have been a top team in The East for most of The Season but there has been no coverage. E.S.P.N. even in the opening of SportsCenter, shows the presentation of every major sports trophy except The Stanley Cup! Why? Is it because that they no longer have a vested interest in The N.H.L. or do they view hockey as a secondary sport like The U.F.L. or Rugby or Arena football that isn't worthy of their valuable air time ? The only time they have decent coverage of The N.H.L. is when there is a huge hit that results in an injury or suspension, or when Crosby makes his return from injury. That is it. When they show hockey highlights they are buried at the back end of the shows. They give zero respect to this great sport even during the playoffs, which anyone who watches sports will tell you is the most exciting playoff sport on earth. Now some people will say that The N.H.L. has it's own network and they don't really need E.S.P.N.'s coverage, but so does baseball, football, and basketball and E.S.P.N. covers them 24/7 365. Why won't they give hockey any of the respect this great sport of ours deserves? I can't figure it out.