Rangers Vs. Jets: Keys To The Game

The New York Rangers will be right back in action tonight, to take on the Winnipeg Jets. They will be going for the season sweep tonight, as Henrik Lundqvist will make his seven straight start. The Rangers also have the opportunity to take on a five point advantage over the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight as well. Here are tonight's keys to the game.

Score On The Power Play: The Rangers have been great, as far as movement goes on the power play. However, they just can't seem to find the back of the net when they are a man up on their opponent. What I've noticed is that the Rangers choose to take the extra pass, rather then a quality shot. Don't get me wrong though, the Rangers still do get some quality shooting chances that they do take advantage of. They just need to finish all of it off with a goal tonight.

Tighten Up Defensively: The Rangers are still a little shaky when it comes to playing in their defensive end. The glaring reason for this is that they are taking way too much time down low, with the puck. The last couple of games have been against hard forechecking teams, similar to the style that the Rangers play. They need to make better, along with quicker decisions and get the puck out of the zone.