FanPost

NYR Lottery Pick

Hey Guys, I've been thinking about this the past few weeks and brought it up in a few threads, but I wanted to get all your opinions on it: Do you think it's possible/prudent for the Rangers to trade for a lottery pick?

I know there are people on this site more knowledgeable than me on the subject, but it seems like there are 3 can't-miss guys in the first round, dynamic guys that can play on the Rangers' first line for years to come that we can build around. A few of the teams likely to fall in the top-3 are really bad, and don't have fantastic prospect pools, so they can use all they depth they can get.

The Rangers have a back log of NHL-caliber prospects that will only get more crowded after this next draft, so maybe we can put together a package with a dubi, Erixon and/or Stepan and a few picks. I'm well aware of the cost...the Bruins gave up Phil Kessel for the 2nd overall, which would be like trading Gaborik in his early 20s, so it might just not be affordable, but when was the last time the Rangers drafted a super star player? We might have the pieces at this point to make it happen.

What do you guys think?