Rangers Transactions: Tim Erixon Returned To The Connecticut Whale

March 24, 2012; Toronto, ON, CANADA; New York Rangers defenseman Tim Erixon (53) hits Toronto Maple Leafs center Tim Connolly (12) into the boards at the Air Canada Centre. New York defeated Toronto 4-3 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

Just a moment ago, the New York Rangers announced that they assigned defenseman, Tim Erixon, to the Connecticut Whale of the American Hockey League. Erixon spent the last five games with the Rangers, where he had two assists, and went -2. He was recalled when defenseman, Steve Eminger, went down with an unknown type of injury about a week ago. We later found out that Eminger had suffered a sprained right ankle, and would miss some time.

Erixon was a healthy scratch the last two games, as Anton Stralman made his return. Based on the demotion, either Anton Stralman will go back to having a steady roster spot, or Steve Eminger is close to making a return. Either way, this move is the best for Erixon, as he will have a better opportunity to get playing time in with the Whale.

Overall, I thought Erixon played some decent hockey over his last five games that he has played. He definitely showed some vast improvements, since he last played back in December with the Rangers.