Blueshirt Banter Discussion: Has John Tortorella Gotten Through To Brandon Dubinsky?

RALEIGH, NC - MARCH 01: Brandon Dubinsky #17 of the New York Rangers leaves the ice after warmups before a game against the Carolina Hurricanes during play at the RBC Center on March 1, 2012 in Raleigh, North Carolina. (Photo by Grant Halverson/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers lost in overtime Friday night to the Tampa Bay Lightning. And while the loss was disappointing, there were some positives to take from the game; especially when you factor in the Rangers' three goals despite being without Ryan Callahan and Michael Del Zotto (both listed as day-to-day).

One of the biggest question marks before the game however, was the play of Brandon Dubinsky. Dubinsky was benched for the final two periods of the Rangers' victory over the Carolina Hurricanes and upset Tortorella to the point where the coach admitted that Dubinsky wouldn't have been playing if there was another healthy forward on the roster.

But Dubinsky might have had one of his best games of the season against Tampa Bay, earning Tortorella's trust, getting critical minutes down the stretch and scoring the game-tying goal to force the game to overtime.

Tortorella has always been known to hold his players accountable for their actions (something I truly believe was the downfall of Tom Renny -- but that's neither here nor there), and his actions seems to spark Dubinsky last night.

So I ask all of you, has John Tortorella gotten through to Brandon Dubinsky?