Blueshirt Banter Discussion: Should The New York Rangers Have Kept Tim Erixon

March 24, 2012; Toronto, ON, CANADA; New York Rangers defenseman Tim Erixon (53) hits Toronto Maple Leafs center Tim Connolly (12) into the boards at the Air Canada Centre. New York defeated Toronto 4-3 in a shootout. Mandatory Credit: John E. Sokolowski-US PRESSWIRE

There generally aren't too many roster questions this close to the playoffs. Or, at least, there shouldn't be. But for the New York Rangers there was one major roster question, which was answered yesterday afternoon when the Rangers sent rookie defenseman Tim Erixon back down to the Connecticut Whale.

This move had nothing to do with Erixon's play, which John Tortorella admitted when he scratched Erixon in favor of getting Anton Stralman a longer look before the end of the season. But it's a move that makes two things very clear: A) Steve Eminger is getting very close to returning and B) Tortorella might be favoring NHL experience while he weighs out this decision.

So here is what I want to know: Would you have kept Erixon for the playoffs? It's a tough question for sure. One one hand, the two games before he was a healthy scratch might have been the best games of his NHL career. On the other hand, you have to at least think about how he would handle the pressure of the playoffs, especially after not seeing too many NHL games this year.

So what do you think? Would you have kept him up? The floor is yours.