FanPost

Lucic

While I am angry over MIlan Lucic's play as time expired, this isn't a rant. While he is a talented player, and a very good power forward, he has stepped over the line too many times.

Another incident or two, and I hope this guy stops being recognized as a gritty, tough player, and starts being seen for what he is, a dirty player who gets away with way too much.

But, alas, these are just words. How about we show some evidence. The latest incident is his elbow on Ryan McDonagh earlier today. As the time expired, Lucic came up behind McDonagh, and elbowed him in the head from behind, right into the boards. After that, when McDonagh turned around and challenged him, Lucic sucker punched him in the face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) His antics really are getting old. This happened last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hoTmXMNn54&feature=g-all&context=G28a5022FAAAAAAAABAA

The video explains it all. It's a classless act. He grabbed the guys chin strap, ripped it off the helmet, and threw it into the stands.

.

2) But it keeps going. Here is his infamous run on Miller:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICb9h4bK00M&feature=related

He easily could have stopped. EASILY. But he intentionally ran over Miller and attempted to injure him. You can see him realize he isn't going to get there, braces for a hit, and runs over Miller. Real class act, huh?

.

3) And here we are again, it's not just a few incidents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-9J5T_rwJM&feature=related

He intentionally sticks out his leg to take out the player. The knee didn't connect, but the intent is there. Each of the incidents alone isn't so bad, but all of them together paints a pretty bad picture.

.

4) But we're still not done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAP657MO4Zo

Jump to around 50 seconds. The MTL player clears the puck, facing the boards, and a second later Lucic charges at him, raises his arms, and levels the player into the boards up high.

.

5) Unfortunately, we can keep going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPCvOpVKCGo

For this one you need to stop at 4 seconds. The frame shows Lucic's feet off the ground, as he hits the player from behind again. This one alone isn't so bad at all, but all of these together just show his nature.

.

6) And now, another incident against montreal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijH7_HC5-ls&feature=related

Lucic starts a bit of a scuffle in front of the net with some pushing and shoving, which is fine. Gritty hockey players are great, and ones will skill are invaluable to their teams, but watch a 49 seconds in. A MTL player comes over to challenge Lucic after some shoving and pushing, and he lifts his stick and cross-checks him in the face. This occurrences are just too common.

.

7) Now, here's another check from behind:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnUjVHSZI_g

As much as I hate Rinaldo and the Flyers, this is another check from behind into the boards. Every single one of these hits, Lucic has time to stop and tie the player up, but instead he raises his arms and pushes the guy from behind into the boards. It's getting old, fast.

.

8) Now we reach another sucker punch, similar to the one earlier today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIUmQQRh5Ps

Go to 45 seconds, and watch from there. Lucic comes into the picture at around 49 seconds and sucker-punches the player in the face. He plays tough, hits guys from behind, sucker punches players in the face, and runs away when challenged by a bigger guy. At 1:30, we get a better view. Lucic skates up to the player who has his hands down, and punches him right in the face before the opposing player has a chance to get his hands up. Sounds familiar, right?

.

9) And here is another cheap shot, sucker-punch to the face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?has_verified=1&v=x-U42_EatfE&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fthehockeywriters.com%2Flucic-hit-another-in-line-of-cheap-shots-deserves-suspension%2F

Here is a good old fashioned brawl between Atlanta and Boston. Everything is all good and well, until we reach about 2:46 into the video. Watch Lucic, as the refs are finally calming things down and players are being held back. He punches a player in the face who has both of his arms being held down by the ref. Classy.

Add onto this that he only seems to fight guys smaller than him, then runs away anytime someone bigger than him comes over to challenge him, and the guy is really building up quite the bad reputation. A player like him, with offensive and defensive ability, as well as the ability to throw some checks and work the boards, is perfect for any team.

But these dirty plays are becoming too frequent for the NHL not to do something about it. Sooner or later, the guy is going to hurt someone if the NHL doesn't step in. I could keep going, but I'm hungry, so i'll just leave this here.