Rangers Vs. Devils: Ryan Callahan Takes Part In Morning Skate

As if the win over the Boston Bruins on Sunday wasn't big enough, we have some even bigger news coming out of New Jersey this morning. Ryan Callahan is currently taking part in the New York Rangers morning skate, before they take on the New Jersey Devils later tonight.

Ryan Callahan missed the last three games due to a bruised foot, which he suffered in the last game against the Devils. Callahan took a hard wrist shot off the inside of his right ankle from Ilya Kovalchuk, which left him limping off of the ice. In the three games without Callahan in the line up, the Rangers were able to total up five points out of a possible six, going 2-0-1 over that stretch. While five points out of a possible six is really great, the Rangers seriously missed their captain throughout those games.

It is still unknown if Callahan will be ready to play tonight, but from my take, if he is skating, he will most likely be in the line up for tonight. The injury didn't seem threatening to begin with, and I figure Callahan and the Rangers took some extra precaution to make sure he is 100% before returning.

We will continue to keep you guys updated on the status of Ryan Callahan, so stick around.