Rangers Vs. Devils: Keys To The Game

NEW YORK, NY - MARCH 04: Anton Stralman #32 of the New York Rangers is congratulated after scoring a goal during the game against the Boston Bruins at Madison Square Garden on March 4, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Christopher Pasatieri/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers will be meeting up with the New Jersey Devils for the fifth time this season. Last time these two teams met at MSG, the Rangers came away with a well-earned 2-0 shutout. Tonight they will head back to Newark and battle it out once again. Steve Eminger will be returning to the line-up tonight, in place of Anton Stralman. Ryan Callahan will take warm-ups, and will be game time decision.

Keep It Rolling: The Rangers have went 11-3-2 since the beginning of February, and they just need to keep rolling. The Rangers have found a variety of different ways to win games this season, and this final stretch shouldn't be any different. These games between the Devils always seem to be defensive battles, and come right down to the wire. I'm expecting another one of these games tonight, the first one to make a mistake will fall.

Shut Down Ilya Kovalchuk: Kovalchuk has been, and always be a threat to any team that the Devils go up against. Last game, the Rangers defense did a great job to keep Kovalchuk off of the puck, and contained him all game long. The Rangers need to do exactly that tonight. Expect Dan Girardi and Ryan McDonagh to be breathing down his neck every time his skates hit the ice.

Follow after the jump for more.

Bantering Points: As I stated earlier, Anton Stralman will be sitting tonight, as Steve Eminger makes his return to the line-up once again. Stralman had an awful turnover against the Boston Bruins that lead to one of the games seven goals. Tortorella doesn't take kindly to simple mistakes, ala Brandon Dubinsky. Ryan Callahan was said to be taking warm-ups tonight, and will remain a game time decision. But to be honest, if anyone knows Callahan by now, he will be in the game tonight, no doubt about it. That leaves John Scott who will be sitting tonight for Ryan Callahan.