Will New York Rangers Prospect Chris Kreider Join The New York Rangers This Year?

BUFFALO NY - DECEMBER 28: Chris Kreider #19 of the United States looks to make a play on Dominik Riecicky #30 of Slovakia during the 2011 IIHF World U20 Championship game between the United States and Slovakia on December 28 2010 in Buffalo New York. The United Staes won 6-1. (Photo by Rick Stewart/Getty Images)

Kevin wrote a speculation piece on this topic last weekend, but now it appears as though more information is being released on the subject.

This is from Andrew Gross:

In the first period, I was tipped off to an interview Rangers general manager Glen Sather did during a CBS telecast of Saturday's Boston College-Vermont game as he talks about top Rangers' prospect Chris Kreider. In short, without making any guarantees, Sather certainly seemed to pave the way for Kreider possibly joining the Rangers immediately after Boston College's season ends without first going to Connecticut (AHL).

As for joining the Rangers, Sather said, "Whether he is going to play immediately is going to be up to him. We are looking forward to having him come here."

"I don't want to say it's a guarantee but he's got all the credentials," said Sather, later adding, "I don't think there's going to be a problem."

The New York Rangerswould obviously love to have Kreider join the team sometime this season. While Kreider shouldn't be expected to come in and "complete" the team, he should be able to come in and provided some (read: some) secondary scoring.

We'll have more on this as the situation progresses, but for now, what are your thoughts on Kreider joining the Rangers this season? It certainly can't hurt, although are you willing to burn the first year of his ELC on a slim portion of the regular season and the playoffs? Sather seems willing.

Are you?