Rangers Vs. Blackhawks: Rangers Drop Three Straight For First Time This Season

Mar 9, 2012; Chicago, IL, USA; Chicago Blackhawks goalie Ray Emery (30) covers the puck in front of New York Rangers right wing Marian Gaborik (10) during the first period at the United Center. Mandatory Credit: Rob Grabowski-US PRESSWIRE

The New York Rangers dropped their third straight game in regulation tonight, for the first time this season. The Blackhawks scored two late goals to take a 3-2 lead in the third period. The Rangers played another sloppy game, and turnovers hurt them once again.

After a slow start to the first period, Artem Anisimov gave the Rangers a late 1-0 lead with a beautiful move. John Mitchell made a great play at the blue line to keep the puck in, and feed it up to Anisimov. The Hawks got on the board with a incredible deflection coming from Andrew Shaw to tie up the game.

The Rangers completely feel apart in the third period, spending most of the time in their own end. However, despite some lucky bounces, Brandon Prust was able to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead on a rebound. Ryan McDonagh's low shot tricked Ray Emery and he kicked the rebound right to Prust, who slammed it home.

Follow after the jump for more.

Just about six minutes later, the Blackhawks were able to tie the game with some nice passing. Patrick Sharp was able to put home the nice pass from Marian Hossa. Just a minute later, Johnny Oduya gave the Blackhawks a 3-2 lead, with a blistering slap shot from the point.

However, after seeing the replay, it was shown that the puck deflected off of the stick of Ryan Callahan to slightly changed the direction of the puck. Patrick Kane would eventually put the puck into the empty net to give the Hawks a 4-2 lead.

Although, it wasn't over yet, as Brad Richards was able to cut the Hawks lead in half as he cashed in on another rebound in front of Emery. The Rangers were unable to put any further pressure and the Blackhawks came away with the 4-3 win.

The Rangers will be in action again on Sunday against the New York Islanders. Hopefully the Rangers are able to snap their current slump, because it's getting pretty ugly as of right now.