Rangers Vs. Bruins: Keys To The Game

Mar. 4, 2012; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers center Brad Richards (19) and Boston Bruins center Patrice Bergeron (37) face off during the third period at Madison Square Garden. Rangers won 4-3. Mandatory Credit: Debby Wong-US PRESSWIRE

Tonight the New York Rangers will take on the Boston Bruins, in a game where they can potentially clinch the top spot in the Eastern Conference, with a single point. Last time the Bruins came into MSG, the Rangers were able to come away with a 4-3 victory. The Bruins are coming off of a big 6-3 victory over the New York Islanders, which officially knocked the Islanders out of playoff contention. On the other side, the Rangers are riding a four game winning streak, with their latest victim being the Montreal Canadiens. With that said, here are tonight's keys to the game.

Keep It Moving: The Rangers need to keep their momentum moving forward, as they are heading into the final week of the regular season. The Bruins are a tough opponent, and they always give the Rangers a run for their money, when these two teams meet. The Rangers had a full 60-minute effort against the Montreal Canadiens, and they need to do that again here tonight.

Keep Up The Power Play: The Rangers were able to bang home two power play goals last game, and they made their opportunities count. The power play has really been looking lethal over the last couple of games, with their quick puck movement. If they are called upon tonight, the power play unit needs to capitalize like they did in the last game.

Henrik Lundqvist will be making his ninth consecutive start tonight, and try to help the Rangers locked up the number one spot.