Breaking News: Chris Kreider Agrees To Entry-Level Contract With New York Rangers

Apr 5, 2012; Tampa, FL, USA; Boston College Eagles forward Chris Kreider (19) controls the puck in the third period against the Minnesota Gophers during the semifinals of the 2012 Frozen Four at Tampa Bay Times Forum. Boston College won 6-1. Mandatory Credit: Kim Klement-US PRESSWIRE

There was numerous different sources speculating earlier today, that Chris Kreider would sign with the New York Rangers. According to Bob McKenzie on TSN, the Rangers and Kreider have officially agreed to a three-year, entry-level contract. Well, it's finally official, Chris Kreider is on his way to the Big Apple.

It appears as if Kreider will be joining the Rangers for their 2012 Playoff run. According to McKenzie, Kreider will fly into New York tomorrow, and join the team for practice in Greenburgh, as well. Now the downside, Kreider will burn the first year of his entry-level contract by playing with the Rangers this season for the playoffs.

If Kreider does play, as it appears he will, he will not receive any signing bonuses for this season, and is essentially playing for free. His salary and bonuses will kick in next season. But with all that said, Kreider can now officially call himself a New York Ranger. We will keep you guys updated on any numbers, as well as a post tomorrow morning regarding Kreider at practice.

Discuss it up everyone!

**UPDATED**: According to Larry Brooks, the cap hit for Chris Kreider will be $1.3 million dollars.