FanPost

A word to the Blueshirt faithful

By now, I'm sure everyone has watched enough 1994 youtube clips and pump up videos to last a lifetime. There's a sense of excitement in the air that hasn't existed at this time of year since that magical Stanley Cup season. It's more than just being the number one seed. It's the recent call up of Chris Kreider. It's the way this team has grinded out wins all season long. It's the fact that Henrik Lundqvist is finally starting the postseason with some damn rest, and it's the fact that we didn't have to fight until the very last game just to make it into the postseason.

This Rangers team team has a chance to be very special. Anyone who's watched them all year would certainly agree. They have an incredible amount of team chemistry, some great leadership, and a tremendous coach who, despite all of his outbursts and tirades, would do just about anything for this group of hockey players.

Confidence is high among the Blueshirt faithful. Many are thinking cup or bust, but I look at it from a different perspective. This is a group that continues to amaze us, and will hopefully continue to do so for the next several years. Obviously Lord Stanley's Cup is our goal, but I believe we should cherish the excitement that this team provides us. Regardless of what happens, a deep playoff run was not what most of us expected coming into this season, and we sure as hell didn't expect to contend for the president's trophy. I think the idea that top seeds struggle in the playoffs is completely irrelevant and overblown. This team is different. So as I watch the Rangers this Spring, I will try to enjoy every second of it (and hopefully not destroy too much of my apartment). Because a team that is this qualified to go deep in the playoffs is hard to come by, and we should not take it for granted.

So, my fellow Ranger fans, let's sit back and enjoy the show that will hopefully be a great playoff run.

Let's go Rangers!