FanPost

What the playoffs would look like........

....without Bettman OT points. I'm sure we've wondered about this at some point, and I guess this is a good of a time as any to do this. (accuracy not guaranteed). Note: tiebreakers were done with ROW only.

Join me after the jump for the conference standings, and playoff matchups.

Eastern Conference standings

  1. p- NY Rangers 102 points
  2. y- Boston 98 points
  3. y- Washington 84 points
  4. x- Pittsburgh 102 points
  5. x- New Jersey 96 points
  6. x- Philadelphia 94 points
  7. x- Ottawa 82 points
  8. x- Buffalo 78 points
  9. Tampa 76 points
  10. Florida 76 points
  11. Winnipeg 74 points
  12. Toronto 70 points
  13. Islanders 68 points
  14. Carolina 66 points
  15. Montreal 62 points

Western Conference standings

  1. z- Vancouver 102 points
  2. y- St. Louis 98 points
  3. y- San Jose 86 points
  4. x- Nashville 96 points
  5. x- Detroit 96 points
  6. x- Chicago 91 points
  7. x- Phoenix 84 points
  8. x- Dallas 84 points
  9. Colorado 82 points
  10. Los Angeles 80 points
  11. Calgary 74 points
  12. Minnesota 70 points
  13. Anaheim 68 points
  14. Edmonton 64 points
  15. Columbus 58 points

Playoff matchups

Eastern Conference

  1. Rangers vs 8. Buffalo
  2. Boston vs. 7. Ottawa
  3. Washington vs. 6. Philadelphia
  4. Pittsburgh vs. 5. New Jersey

Western Conference

  1. Vancouver vs. 8. Dallas
  2. St. Louis vs. 7. Phoenix
  3. San Jose vs. 6. Chicago
  4. Nashville vs. 5. Detroit

As you can see, it looks very different as opposed to what is going on now. EXCEPT, for Nashville vs. Detroit. Some teams like Florida and Los Angeles, made the playoffs solely on the Bettman bonus points. While other teams like Buffalo and Dallas, would've made it in without them. Interesting to look at this way. Now, if any of my work is off, please let me know.

Cheers