FanPost

New York (AP): Dubinsky suspended

NEW YORK (AP) - New York Rangers forward Brandon Dubinsky has been suspended for the remainder of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs—in addition to 10 games next season—for his attack on the team's defenseless Gatorade cooler during Saturday night's game against the Ottawa Senators. Brendan Shanahan, the National Hockey League's Vice President of Hockey and Business Development and Head of Player and Beverage Safety, made it clear that since Brandon had already spit out Cool Blue flavor multiple times prior to the incident, he was thus deemed a repeat offender. As well, since the cooler did not return to the game, and Gatorade is the Official Drink of the Pittsburgh Penguins, the severe suspension was warranted.

The Rangers are officially and thoroughly perplexed by the situation and will not comment further until Dubinsky's breathalizer test results come back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_qBjo-4_Xc&feature=share