Rangers Prospect News: J.T. Miller To Join Connecticut Whale For Playoffs; Peter Ceresnak Released From ATO

NEWARK, NJ - SEPTEMBER 23: J.T. Miller #47 of the New York Rangers skates against the New Jersey Devils during a rookie game at the Prudential Center on September 23, 2011 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The Connecticut Whale announced this afternoon that New York Rangers prospect, J.T. Miller will be joining the team for the playoffs. Miller recently finished up his first year with the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL, where they were eliminated in the second round of the OHL playoffs.

Miller had an outstanding couple of games with the Rangers, for their prospect tournament in Traverse City. He will now attempt to take the next step in his career, by playing for the Connecticut Whale this coming week, for their 2012 playoff run.

Also, Rangers prospect Peter Ceresnak was released from his Amateur Tryout this morning by the Connecticut Whale. Ceresnak also finished up his first year in the OHL, with the Peterbough Petes, where he came away with six goals, and nine assists on the season. Ceresnak was the Rangers sixth round pick in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Side note: Look for a post come later today regarding the Rangers momentum heading into game four tonight.

SB Nation Featured Video