FanPost

Thought on the game

For the love of God why do the Rangers have to play neck and neck with teams that suck. Ottawa barely made the playoffs and yet here we are tied after 4 games. We are in need of a hero on that team that is not Henrik for once. The Rangers have not won an OT game in the playoffs since 2007. If we expect to make a deep run in the playoffs someone has to step it up. The thing that has consistently driven me nuts this whole series is players missing the net, or not shooting when they have an excellence chance. In tonight game Dubinsky throws a pass to the backhand of Richards who realistically had no chance to make a play. I understand that the goalie may have been in position on Dubi, but shoot it anyway and hope for a rebound. It would have been better than what he did. The pass to Stepan toward the end of the game he could have walked in on goal and shot point blank. Instead he passes back to Giarardi who then had a man block the shot or he just plain missed. I don't even think it came close to hitting the net. This drives me absolutely nuts. During our best scoring chances we always try to get cute and make a pass. Did anyone notice how we scored our first two goals? It wasn't pretty, but hell it worked. We threw the puck at the net every chance we got and picked up rebounds. Why in the hell did our team decide half way through the game to change this strategy. If I had to put anyone on my shit list for tonight's game it would be Anisimov. I have not seen this guy do anything all series long. Both of our loses he has been a minus player and is constantly giving the puck away. His penalty tonight clearly didn't help as it led to the goal that tied it up. The trying to go between a guys legs shit has to stop also. I saw someone do it tonight, but still have a bad taste in my mouth from when Anisimov tried it on Malkin twice. These are professionals, not eighth graders. This is more cute shit that has only led to turn overs. Next, I love Torts but he really knows how to fuck up the lines. Why are we wasting a year of entry level on Kreider for him to play 3 minutes a night on the fourth line? If we're going to do that why not just have Scott play? I cannot comprehend how Anisimov or Fedetenko has been playing so great the Kreider has not been given a shot in either of their places. The thing that has probably killed us the most this series is the face-offs. For the love of God get someone in that circle who is going to fight for the damn puck. The wingers also have to start getting in there and helping out the centers. Anyone notice how their goalie is content with just covering the puck when we send it in instead of letting our forecheck go to work? One of the few things I have taken from this series is that Henrik has played like an animal. He has made saves in every single game that have put us in a position to win every single night. I mentioned earlier the need for someone to step it up. It has to be Richards, Gaborik, or Fedetenko. One of our guys who has been in the playoffs before needs to show these guys the level it takes. Lastly, I think our defense has played great. A few mistakes here and there, but overall I think they are pulling their weight.