2012 NHL Playoffs Open Thread

Tomorrow can't come soon enough. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Anyone else find themselves wondering when the Ranger game is on tonight only to realize we have to wait until tomorrow for Game 5? Thankfully we have two HUGE playoff games to enjoy tonight, both games potentially being the last games of their respective series. Some exciting things happened last night in the world of hockey.

  • Martin Brodeur set another record with his 24th playoff shutout which surpassed Patrick Roy's 23 career playoff shutouts.
  • Young Phoenix Coyote star Mikkel Boedker scored his second overtime goal of the 2012 Playoffs and put the Coyotes up 3-1 in the series.
  • The Backstrom-less Washington Capitals managed to draw even in the series with the Boston Bruins with a 2-1 win last night.
  • And finally the St. Louis Blues took a commanding lead of their opening round series against the San Jose Sharks with a 2-1 victory last night.

Tonight's Games:

Detroit Red Wings (5) at Nashville Predators (4). Preds leads the series 3-1.

Philadelphia Flyers (5) at Pittsburgh Penguins (4). Philly leads the series 3-1.

Enjoy the games, treat each other and our guests with respect, and no .gif images.