FanPost

Stanley Cup Finals - Opening Montages

In one of the recent posts' comments, there were some links posted to some great videos of highlights and montages showing the New York Rangers amazing 1994 Stanley Cup championship. They reminded me of something I've been wanting to find for quite a while - the intro montages that would run before Game One of the Stanley Cup Finals.

These videos would feature the goals, saves, hits.. all the key moments in each team's journey to the Finals, typically set to some great music. I can't recall which year it was, but one that lingers in my memory was set to Aerosmith's "Dream On."

Most were probably produced by ESPN since they were broadcasting the finals in the 90s. I e-mailed hockey fan, ESPN columnist and SportsCenter anchor John Buccigross asking once but never got a reply. If anyone manages to locate any of them I'd be grateful, I would love to check them out and I'm sure others would too!