FanPost

Playoffs?!!!?!

Sorry for the obligatory Jim Mora reference. Actually, wait a minute let me do it again lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk

Okay, got it out of my system. So, I was thinking about the playoffs, and how strange it is to be a 1 seed. I mean, I have little to no recollection of 1994, as I was born in late 89. My dad got me into sports, especially the Rangers since he got tickets through work, so I grew up idolizing Messier, Richter, Graves, Leetch, Zubov etc but don't remember their greatest triumph.

I've grown accustomed to seeing the Rangers struggle to make the playoffs and then, if they make it, struggle some more. That Drury Sabres goal with .7 seconds left or whatever, blowing that huge Game 1 lead in Pittsburgh in the second round a while back, the past few disappointments with the Caps, the Jokinen shootout...

Anyway, it's strange (but AWESOME) to have the boys in the playoffs with real Cup aspirations. Since we are team with relatively limited playoff experience, I think the first round is going to be HUGE for us. This team hasn't faced expectations like this before, and I think it's essential for them to have a good first round in order to truly make a run. It will increase the confidence of the whole team, especially the King.

This is what the big money guys are here for. This is when Richards can make that contract count. This is when Gaborik has to score the big goals in the third period. This is when the 3rd and 4th liners become heroes, and when the Rangers can actually get more than 30 seconds on Sportscenter. This is what will be remembered.

I personally think Dubinsky will step up in a big way. It's a clean slate of sorts. I'm also really excited about Hags, I'm sure he can't wait to show what he can do in the postseason.

So, I'm tremendously pumped, especially going to school in Boston and having to endure the effing Bruins last year. It's our time. Though I think this team is set up to make runs for at least the next 5 years, every opportunity is important. Let's bring it home!!!!! LET'S GO RANGERS!

Also if anyone remembers last year I made a playoff poem before the Caps series, so I may do that again soon haha