FanPost

Malkin and Crosby

Everyone knows Sid and Malkin are elite talents in the league. There is absolutely no arguing that. But i cannot stand how soft they are. Anytime Malkin gets hit, he turns around and gives back a slash or cross check and starts to act like an enforcer. I cant stand this because he would never drop the gloves and if he did he would wind up with a busted face and/or concussion. Sid is the same way, and its rediculous because if you did that in the league pre-lockout, you would get dropped.

The NHL loves Sidney Crosby and for good reason. He is great for the game because he is a spectacular hockey player. I do feel though however, that that is not a good enough reason to give him every call and let him get away with everything dirty he does. If you all recall the slew foot that he landed on Ryan Callahan in a prior season and it was a blatent slew-foot. Of course the penalty was on Ryan Callahan and the pens got a powerplay when sid should have been in the box. I cant stand watching him bitch and moan to the referees about calls. His sense of entitlement really makes me sick. If you compare Sid to other elite players in the league (on teams other than the rangers) like Pavel Datsyuk, or Steven Stamkos and other great talents, you never see them yapping away to the ref the whole game. And in his interview Crosby said something along the lines of "you can put a camera on me the whole game and see that (tortorellas comments about him being a whiny bitch) its not true". Well Sid- a camera is on you the whole game, and yes, you are whiny bitch. Pittsburghs fas and announcers are so obnoxious. I cant stand the whole organization mainly because of Sidney Crosby. He should stop acting like a tough guy and try to play a whole season before he starts playing dirty. Also, just like tortorella said, if that situation last night with orpik and stepan was reversed, with stepan landing a knee on knee hit on Crosby, you better believe that there would be a hefty suspension.

It just makes me sick how much the league slurps on Crosby. He has a lot to learn and should look at past great players like Jagr, Gretzky, Yzerman, Lemiueux, Messier, and try taking a few pages out of their book when it comes to how to act like a MAN. Crosby needs to wipe the sand off his beef curtains and pray that his balls drop before the playoffs.

I hate admitting this as being a Ranger fan my whole life, but for the first time that I can remember, I am rooting for the Flyers in the first round of the playoffs. I really hope they beat the crap out of the Pens and I hope Cindy realizes that hes not tough, hes just an incredibly skilled player and needs to avoid being hit, because everytime he is hit he gets a concussion and sits out 3/4 of a season.