New York Rangers Playoffs: First Round Schedule Vs. Ottawa Senators

NEW YORK, NY - JANUARY 12: Erik Condra #22 of the Ottawa Senators skates under pressure from Anton Stralman #32 of the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden on January 12, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Nick Laham/Getty Images)

The National Hockey League released the 2011-2012 Playoff scheduling for the first round match ups earlier this afteroon. The New York Rangers will be going up against the Ottawa Senators in the first round, with their loss to the Washington Capitals last night at MSG. However, the Rangers will have the Garden crowd behind them as they will have home ice advantage for the first time since the 1996 playoffs.

The Senators had quite a season, in which no one even predicted them to even make the playoffs this year. While the Senators were hovering around the fifth and sixth spot for most of the season, the find themselves in the last and final playoff spot. They have only won four of their last ten games, and are currently on a three game losing streak, heading into the playoffs.

That was just a short little taste of the previews to come later on this week for the Rangers and Senators first round match-up. Follow after the jump for the Rangers first round schedule, and the other playoff match-ups around the league.

Game # Opponent Date/Time TV
1 vs. Ottawa Senators 4/12 - 7:00 PM NHLN, CBC, MSG
2 vs. Ottawa Senators 4/14 - 7:00 PM NBCSN, CBC, MSG
3 @ Ottawa Senators 4/16 - 7:30 PM CBC, CNBC, MSG
4 @ Ottawa Senators 4/18 - 7:30 PM CBC, CNBC, MSG
5* vs. Ottawa Senators 4/21 - 7:00 PM NBCSN, CBC, MSG
6* @ Ottawa Senators 4/23 - TBD MSG
7* vs. Ottawa Senators 4/26 - TBD MSG

* - If necessary

Playoff Match-ups:

East:

(1) New York Rangers vs. (8) Ottawa Senators

(2) Boston Bruins vs. (7) Washington Capitals

(3) Florida Panthers vs. (6) New Jersey Devils

(4) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (5) Philadelphia Flyers

West:

(1) Vancouver Canucks vs. (8) Los Angeles Kings

(2) St.Louis Blues vs. (7) San Jose Sharks

(3) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (6) Chicago Blackhawks

(4) Nashville Preadtors vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings

In This Article

Topics
Teams