New York Ranger Practice: Marian Gaborik And Ryan Callahan Both Miss Practice

Mar 28, 2012; Winnipeg, MB, CAN; New York Rangers forward Marian Gaborik (10) prior to the game against the Winnipeg Jets at the MTS Centre. Mandatory Credit: Bruce Fedyck-US PRESSWIRE

According to the New York Rangers, both Marian Gaborik and Ryan Callahan were not present at the teams practice today in Greenburgh, NY. It was said that Marian Gaborik is at home sick with the flu, and Ryan Callahan is attending personal matters at home.

The worry isn't so much about Callahan, but more of Marian Gaborik. Gaborik is coming off his second best season since becoming a Ranger three years ago. While the playoffs are still a few days away, we are all hoping that Gaborik is truly 100% when he comes back. We saw it with Henrik Lundqvist about a month ago, when he returned from the flu, and it took him a few days to get back into the swing of things.

As I said before, the Rangers have a break until Thursday, which gives Gaborik a good while to heal up from the flu, and get back into action. We will continue to update you guys on the condition of Gaborik, as more information comes about.