FanPost

Why this Game 7 is so much more

The Rangers did it again, got themselves a nice lead with some confidence only to f*%# it up again. Did you expect anything else? Do the Rangers ever make anything easy?

Now this series is coming back to the Garden for game 7. There's a lot leaning on this outcome. Here's my reasons why this one game will be more important than any other this season. Lets start at the very beginning:

-The captaincy of Ryan Callahan. Aside from The King, who is more beloved by the blueshirt faithful? It was amazing to have him as captain and i was proud to have a native New Yorker leading us. How awesome would it be to go so far in the playoffs in his first year as captain of the Rangers?

-Brad Richards. His hype. His clutchness. His contract. Need i say more?

-Hanks Vezina year. How nice would it be for his offense to actually work for him and make his first trip to the conference finals?

-Marc Staal. We lost him for half the season. Once we got him back he played a little shaky. People doubted he would ever return to his true form. Now hes pretty much our lock down defense man in these playoffs.

-The Winter Classic. How awesome was that?

-6-0 against the Flyers? "You Can't Beat Us!''

-1st seed in the east since 94.

-The appearance of Carl Hagelin and John Mitchell

-Keeping Dubinsky and not trading him for Nash because the Rangers were "like a family"

-Michael Sauer. Do it for him.

You see, not much of these points mean anything if the Rangers can't get their act together and get out of the second round! The stars are alined for them. All the top seed teams are out. If we get by Washington i guarantee a trip to the Stanley Cup finals. This season was the best i have ever seen in my life. But it means nothing unless they put their hearts into the playoffs. So lets get this done. Lets Go Rangers.

ps. devils suck