FanPost

Offense From The Defense

One great thing about the Ranger's playoff run so far has been the offensive contributions from the defensemen. After last night's game 1 of the Eastern Conference, 9 of the Rangers 32 playoff goals have come off defenders' sticks. This 28% ratio is much higher than the ranger regular season's 13.5% and the highest playoff ratio of the four remaining playoff teams by far. What's more, these goals are coming at crucial times. Ranger's defensemen have scored 4 game winning goals so far this postseason. They only scored 5 game winning goals all regular season. Awesome to see this - the Rangers are truly winning as a team.