2012 NHL Playoffs: Rangers Need To Regroup And Come Out Strong In Game Three

NEW YORK, NY - MAY 16: Henrik Lundqvist #30 of the New York Rangers retrieves the puck from the net after David Clarkson #23 of the New Jersey Devils scored a third period goal in Game Two of the Eastern Conference Final during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at Madison Square Garden on May 16, 2012 in New York City. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers didn't have the greatest of games, despite scoring two goals in the second period and holding a 2-1 lead. The Rangers just looked dead tired the last two games, but they did find a way to come out with a win in Game One.

This is most likely due to the small gap of rest between Game Seven, and the start of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Rangers will now have two days off to rest up and prepare for Game Three on Saturday. Hopefully rest is the answer and the Rangers will come out with some edge to their game, just like they have these entire playoffs.

Still, there is no time to panic just yet, as this series is still tied at one, and there is plenty of hockey left to be played. If the Rangers come out and play their game, I can see them giving the Devils a ton of trouble. Just look at how much offense they put up in Game One, in just a single period.

What do you guys think?

SB Nation Featured Video