2012 NHL Playoffs: Brandon Dubinsky Is Skating Today

April 12, 2012; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers left wing Brandon Dubinsky (17) takes a shot on Ottawa Senators goalie Craig Anderson (41) during the third period in game one of the 2012 Eastern Conference quarterfinals at Madison Square Garden. Rangers won 4-2. Mandatory Credit: Debby Wong-US PRESSWIRE

As the New York Rangers took the ice for their practice this morning, Brandon Dubinsky appeared the ice in an orange non-contact jersey. It appears as if Dubinsky is finally healing up from his lower-body injury, which likely had something to do with his ankle.

However, as the Rangers began to regroup for their formal practice drills, Dubinsky had left the ice early. But don't panic, I'm sure Dubinsky was just out there to get his legs back under him, after being sidelined for just about two weeks. It also seems unlikely that Dubinsky will be in the lineup for tomorrow's game.

This is definitely great news for the Rangers as Dubinsky could play a major factor later on in this series. As Jim Cerny pointed out on the Rangers live practice stream, Dubinsky hates the Devils with a passion, and it brings out the best in his game. Hopefully Dubinsky is able to return quick enough where he can make an impact.