Game Three: Third Period Thread

Stralman smash! (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)

The second period has seen the pace of the game pick up. The game is tied 1-1 after forty minutes of play. There's only been three penalties thus far, two of which were called on the New York Rangers. Hank has been lights-out through two periods, the Rangers are allowing far too many odd-man rushes and Hank keeps finding ways to bail them out.

6:41 of the second period saw captain Ryan Callahan bury a PPG with Del Zotto and Gaborik getting assists.

11:10 John Carlson tied it up with his first goal of the 2012 playoffs, Semin picked up an assist on the play.

Have to say that I'll take the 1-1 tie after two periods with how the Rangers have been playing this game. Anyway, onwards to the third period. Hold on to your butts.

Let's Go Rangers!