2012 NHL Playoffs: Brandon Prust Gets 1-Game Suspension For Elbowing

April 28, 2012; New York, NY, USA; New York Rangers right wing Brandon Prust (8) is escorted to the penalty box for boarding against the Washington Capitals during the second period in game one of the 2012 Eastern Conference semifinals at Madison Square Garden. Mandatory Credit: Debby Wong-US PRESSWIRE

According to Tom Gulitti of The Record, New York Rangers forward Brandon Prust has been suspended one game for his elbow to the head of Anton Volchenkov. This shouldn't come as much of a surprise as the play was definitely reckless, and kept Volchenkov down for several moments.

So the Rangers will go into Game 4 without Brandon Prust, but it is still yet to be seen who will replace Prust on the fourth line. Brandon Dubinsky is still a few days away, so it is pretty unlikely that he gets inserted into the lineup. The only other option for the Rangers would have to be turning to some of their recent AHL call-ups, which arrived earlier last week.

Prust is not an easy person to replace, as he brings some extra toughness, and gets in on the forecheck. Luckily he only got a game for his elbow, so he will be back in time for Game 5. We will keep you guys updated on the lineup changes heading into tomorrow's game.

Thoughts?

SB Nation Featured Video