FanPost

It’s time to get Nasty.

This is Game 101 this season for the NY Rangers.

When the Rangers turned Games 1 and 3 they came out of the 1st intermission tighter to the Devils and finishing their checks. This is the way they need to start Game 5.

The Rangers need to take the position that if their opponent wants to end their season then that opponent needs to be willing to pay the ultimate price. Not with life, but in the willingness to get absolutely creamed by a fore-checking Ranger.

Force the Devil player to risk injure to make a play. Laying them out will slow them down. Keep the sticks down. Keep the elbows down. Aim for their shoulder or body, but finish all the way thru to the boards. Hurt (not injure) them so bad that they don’t want to handle the puck. Hurt (not injure) them so bad that they don’t want to come back out onto the ice for fear of more crushing hits.

This is Game 101 this season for the NY Rangers. If the Rangers don’t want to waste a season worth of effort, a year of their lives, then they need to play their punishing fore-checking style.

It’s time to get Nasty.