FanPost

Strategy For Game 6

Unless someone feels like scoring a natural third period hat trick I think there has to be some sort of strategy.

1) Play like animals: You saw what happened when the Rangers went down 3 goals and played like they didn't care. That's what this game needs to be like. I said before this game the Rangers need to get in the Devils faces and be there every time they touch the puck. Well they managed to do that for a decent portion of the game.

2) Stop trying to lay people out if it will put you out of position: this happened on a couple Devils goals and most notably the one that sealed the game for the Devils. Instead of trying to stop the centering pass, Girardi goes for the big hit leaving a poorly covered Ryan Fucking Carter of all people open. This can't continue, and I'm clueless to why the Rangers started doing this just now.

3) Make some plays: You saw what happened when the Rangers made plays when they were down 3-0 and they managed to tie it up. Then when they tied the game they went back to their old habits of not forechecking that hard, and all the bad things.

Henrik Lundqvist needs to play well and bounce back from game 5.

Richards needs to step up to the plate like he has in elimination games.

Mike Rupp needs to get off the ice. Or at least not make terrible mistakes when he's on it.

Del Zotto needs to have a good game as well. He has been abysmal this series.

Callahan needs to show why he's the captain. If there's one player that will show up to this game it will be Cally.

All in all though I don't think this is terrible. The Rangers really have nothing to be ashamed of after that loss. They fought back hard, but coming back down from three goals is an extremely tall order even if you do manage to tie it up.

Gotta have faith.

I now leave you with this great picture of Snoop Dogg and Gary Bettman.

9hkpcj_medium