NHL Playoff TV Ratings: Devils Vs. Rangers Game 5 Sets New York Record

(SB Nation) -- The NBC Sports Network won the night on cable in New York thanks to a batty Eastern Conference Finals Game 5 featuring two of the three local hockey teams.

The New Jersey Devils 5-3 victory over the New York Rangers drew a 6.47 local rating in New York (New Jersey's core fanbase counts as part of the New York television market), a new record for the cable network in the market according to an NBC Sports spokesperson. The previous record was the rating for Game 1 of this same series, which scored a 6.21 rating. The series dipped from there, with the low-point actually NBC proper's broadcast of Game 3, which drew just a 4.2 rating.

NBCSN was the No. 1 cable network in the market during the game. Devils vs. Rangers Game 5 is the 10th game of the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs to set a new ratings record in New York.