Report: Mats Zuccarello's Agent Denies Signing With KHL Team

NEW YORK - MARCH 06: Mats Zuccarello #36 of the New York Rangers celebrates a goal against the Philadelphia Flyers during their game on March 6, 2011 at Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

According to reports from the Metallurg Magnitogorsk website, Mats Zuccarello has signed a two-year contract, and it headed over to the Kontinental Hockey League. The loose translation from their site reads, "Magnitogorsk "Metallurgist" signed a contract with striker Zukkarello Mats (Mats Zuccarello). Calculate the agreement for two years."

However, shortly there after, Zuccarello's agent denied that any paperwork was signed, in order to send him to the KHL. He claims that there have been offers on the table from several Russian teams, but nothing has been officially signed yet. He also stated that Zuccarello is expecting a contract extension from the Rangers, and that everything is still on the table as well.

Zuccarello is also set to become a RFA starting on July 1st, and Glen Sather had a strong interest in bringing him back for the future. In two seasons with the Rangers, Zuccarello tallied up a total of eight goals and 18 assists in 52 total games in the NHL.

We will continue to follow this and update you guys on anything further.