New York Rangers Breakup Day: Full Recap Along With Quotes

NEWARK, NJ - MAY 25: Zach Parise #9 of the New Jersey Devils shakes hands with Henrik Lundqvist #30 of the New York Rangers after the Devils defeating the Rangers by a score of 3-2 to win Game Six of the Eastern Conference Final during the 2012 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs at the Prudential Center on May 25, 2012 in Newark, New Jersey. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

The New York Rangers held their official breakup day earlier this afternoon, and there was a lot of interesting quotes and information that came about. Here is your full recap of everything surrounding the players, and a handful of quotes to go along with it.

First, we will start off with some of the players that may not return with the Rangers for next season, Mats Zuccarello, Anton Stralman, and possibly Rusland Fedotenko. Zuccarello stated that he would love to stay with the Rangers, but he wants a real shot at playing. "I’d love to stay but, at the same time, I have to think about how much I’ll play and what’s good for me. If they have no room for me, I have to do what’s right for me. I have to get a real shot to play. There’s a lot of good players here."

Follow after the jump for a lot more.

Like Zuccarello, Stralman stated that he would be interested in staying with the Rangers, but he needs to make a "family decision" first. "I’d say my top priority is to play in the NHL, I want to be here but I have to do what’s best for my family." It appears that Stralman's family wants to return to Sweden, which may not allow him to return with the Rangers for the 2012-2013 season.

Ruslan Fedotenko expressed that he would like to further evaluation the situation before he makes his decision, come July 1st. "I want to take my time and evaluate and see what happens and go from there. It’s a great organization a great place to play. I love everything about it. But I want to see the direction the team goes and what I want to do."

Finally, Brandon Dubinsky acknowledged that he took "a step back" this season, and he would like to move ahead and take "two steps forward". "The good news is I think this organization still believes me and I still believe in myself and I know what I’m capable of." Dubinsky stated.