FanPost

So .... LAK or NJD?

So…

(Suspect I already know the answer, but I’ll toss it out there anyway…)

Who are you rooting for in the Final, Kings or Devils?

I am sooooo in for the Kings, as is my heartbroken 13-year-old son. My wife (no hockey affiliation) says I am a poor sport and a bad influence on the boy. She spouts that old tired saw, that if the Devils win, it proves were that much better.

I say that’s nonsense – I want them to taste the same vinegar of disappointment, to feel the same gut-wrenching sense of loss, to stare into the same yawning chasm of disappointment. Besides, no casual fan remembers who reached the conference finals any given year.

Have even taken the extreme step of buying Kings t-shirts for myself and the lad, simply to stick it to these mouth-breathing, knuckle dragging devil-worshipping dullards. We live in New Jersey. (What can I say, SHE owned a condo. I didn’t. I see these years as temporary exile...)

T-shirts in no way a change in affiliation – simply an exercise in b-busting...

What say you?

(P.S. – this is my first post after a season of lurking. What a fine place. Glad to be here…)